Warranty Terms and Conditions
Honda Parts Unlimited stocks genuine Honda parts to assure our customers complete compatibility with their USA specification Honda models. Even though these items are genuine, sometimes they may fail prematurely. Because of this, if you have a part that is defective please use the following procedure:
1. Contact is IMMEDIATELY. Waiting to handle this can result in further damage to components, and we will not be held responsible for other damage associated with a failed part.
2. You will be send a warranty claim form via email. You will be required to fill this out in its entirety. Any form sent back not completely filled out, will be deemed invalid, and no warranty will be given.
3. After you have filled out the appropriate paperwork, you will be responsible for shipping the defective part back to us. Just like with any return, we highly reccomend shipping via FedEx or UPS, so the package can be tracked,. Any package sent back via USPS, that does not have a delivery confirmation that is lost, will be the responsibility of the customer to replace.
4. After the part and paperwork are sent back to us the item will be submitted for warranty replacement. We understand that this item may keep your vehicle off the road and for that reason, we reccomend purchasing a new part until the warranty claim has been closed. Once the warranty has been granted we will refund the second order that was placed, including shipping.
5. If you do not choose to purchase a new item, the warranty claim will need to finish before a new part is sent. his can take 1-4 weeks, and only after the claim is granted, will be replace the item.
6. Any warranty claim that is denied, will be sent back immediately. We understand you may not agree with American Hnoda's decision, and can provide you with their contact info, should such a case arise, for further explanation on why the claim was not granted.
Time and Mileage Limits
Except for batteries and mufflers, automobile parts supplied by Honda Automobile Division* of American Honda and purchased from and installed by an authorized Honda Automobile dealer are covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date installed, whichever comes first. Honda parts distributed by American Honda and purchased from, but not installed by, an authorized Honda automobile dealer are covered for 12 months from the date of purchase. Replacement batteries are covered for 36 months from the date of purchase. Replacement mufflers have a limited lifetime warranty.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
Parts distributed or sold outside the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Parts installed in vehicles for racing or competition. Any part for which applicable proof of purchase date, installation date, and vehicle mileage at time of installation is not presented.
Any parts that are considered normal maintenance items, which are replaced, cleaned or adjusted as normal owner maintenance unless they are defective in material or factory workmanship. Parts replaced under the New Car Limited Warranty. Deterioration of any part due to normal use and exposure. Parts installed in a car in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be determined.
To Obtain Warranty Service at a Dealer
The defective part, or the car it is installed in, must be returned by the purchaser to an authorized Honda automobile dealer during normal service hours. You must provide a receipt that shows proof of purchase as well as the installation, date and mileage at time of installation, if the installation was done by an authorized Honda automobile dealer. If the car is not driveable because of a defect covered by this warranty, call the nearest authorized Honda automobile dealer for towing assistance. You will not have to pay for towing if the defect is covered by this warranty. If you cannot get warranty service, or you are dissatisfied with the service or a warranty decision, speak with one of the dealership's managers. Generally, problems can be solved most effectively this way. If you need further assistance, ask your dealer for the number of the Honda Customer Relations office that serves your area.
Bell Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any genuine Honda part that is defective in materials or workmanship under normal use. Parts except for batteries and mufflers, that were sold and installed by an authorized Honda dealer will be repaired or replaced without charge for parts or labor; parts, except for batteries, purchased from but not installed by an authorized Honda dealer will be repaired or replaced without charge for the parts, but labor charges will be your responsibility.
A defective replacement battery will be replaced free-of-charge during the first 12 months. If the battery fails after the first 12 months, you will be given credit toward the purchase of a new battery, figured at 1/36 of the current suggested retail price for each month remaining in the 36 month period. No cash reimbursement will be made. Any service or installation charge will be at your expense except during the 12 months free-of-charge replacement period. All parts supplied under this warranty will be genuine Honda parts, and all parts replaced become the property of the Honda Automobile Division.